Security policy & privacy
theholdingcompany.co.uk uses the latest in Secure Server Technology (SSL – 128bit encryption) to ensure that all of your personal and transactional information is protected to the highest standards. All our credit card handling is managed through Sagepay (the new name for Protx), a leading secure payment gateway. Please note we do not store your payment information on our system. It is only held for as long as it takes to process the individual payment transaction.
When you use this website, we may collect, store and use the following kinds of data:
- Information about your PC and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of pages viewed
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and The Holding Company Ltd or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and allowing us to send you email notifications and/or newsletters
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of signing up for our email newsletters
3D Secure is the latest fraud prevention initiative launched by the card schemes as a more secure method for authenticating the cardholder at the time of the transaction. Once you have entered your card details on the Protx payment page you will be prompted on the confirmation page to register your card for 3D Secure (if you have yet to do so) or proceed with the transaction by entering in digits from your password pin. This authentication process does not take place on our computer servers and no information is retained by us.
Using your personal information
Personal data submitted to us will be used for the purposes specified in this section or as found elsewhere in the relevant parts of the website. We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by developing and improving the design and layout of the website, through the monitoring of your usage
- Process your orders
- Provide you with information such as news regarding the website, new services and special offers or promotions that may be of interest to you (also see keeping in touch with you)
The Holding Company may from time to time with your permission share your personal details with companies for marketing purposes. We will comply with the standards, procedures and requirements as laid down in the Data Protection Acts 1984 and 1998 and ensure that your personal data is kept secure and processed as required by the various laws in force from time-to-time.
If you wish to ‘turn off’ cookies, then please check your browser’s help files for guidance on how to do so. The Help section found is usually found in the Menu bar at the top of the browser. Some browsers provide help if the F1 key is pressed. However, you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
Phishing is the practice of tricking someone into giving confidential information. Examples include falsely claiming to be a legitimate company when sending an email to a user, in an attempt to get the user to send private information that will be used for identity theft and fraud.
theholdingcompany.co.uk will never ask you to send any confidential information. Should you receive an email claiming to be from theholdingcompany.co.uk requesting this kind of information please do not respond but contact us immediately.
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with key information about new ranges, promotional offers and what's coming soon to The Holding Company. We may also use your details to send you information about other goods and services we sell or for our research purposes. If you have registered to receive email newsletters from us, you can remove your email address from our list by using the 'unsubscribe' links in the emails we send you.
The Holding Company
2 Finchley Industrial Centre
879 High Road